Gender Equality Index 2021
Groupe Beneteau announces for its 3 French subsidiaries their scores relating to the French index of equality between women and men FY2019-20:
- BIO Habitat increases its score by 4 points, from 88 to 92/100
- SPBI S.A. increases its score by 10 points, from 79 to 89/100
- Construction Navale Bordeaux stays at the same score of 77/100
The Gender Equality Index measures wage gaps between women and men to end the unjustified pay gaps between women and men in France.
The five indicators used by the French Government to construct the index and their respective weighting are:
- the pay gap
- the difference in the distribution of pay increases
- the spread of promotions
- the percentage of employees receiving a pay increase on their return from maternity leave
- the number of women and men in the company top 10 wages
The results obtained by each French subsidiary for each of these 5 indicators are available in the table below.
|Indicateur||Maximum number of points per indicator||SPBI||Construction Navale Bordeaux||BIO Habitat|
|1. Pay gap (%)||40||39||37||37|
|2. Difference in the distribution of pay increases (in % points)||20||20||5||20|
|3. Promotion gap (in % points)||15||15||15||15|
|4. Employees receiving a pay increase on their return from maternity leave (%)||15||15||15||15|
5. Number of persons from under-represented gender category ain the company top 10 wages
|Total Gender Index||100||89||77||92|
About Groupe Beneteau
A global market leader, Groupe Beneteau, thanks to its Boat division’s 10 brands, offers nearly 150 recreational boat models serving its customers’ diverse navigational needs and uses, from sailing to motorboating, monohulls and catamarans.
Through its Boating Solutions division, Groupe Beneteau is also present in the boat club, charter, marina, digital and financing sectors.
Leading the European leisure homes market, the three brands from the Group’s Housing division (IRM, O'HARA, COCO Sweet) offer a comprehensive range of leisure homes, lodges and pods that combine eco-design with high standards of quality, comfort and practicality.
With its international industrial capabilities and global sales network, the Group employs 7,600 people, primarily in France, the US, Poland, Italy, Portugal and China.
Boat brands: BENETEAU, JEANNEAU, LAGOON, PRESTIGE, DELPHIA, EXCESS, FOUR WINNS, WELLCRAFT, SCARAB and GLASTRON.